Friday, September 29, 2006

Death Threats in Belgium & France by Islamist Terrorists

It's not news anymore for the US MSM that Muslims in countries with a certain critical mass of believers are making death threats right and left. The Eurotrash themselves are eagerly avoiding the issue, as it is embarrassing to their nannification agenda. You see, everyone should agree to talk things out and come to agreements about how everyone should respect everyone else's rights. Except, of course, for Muslims. Who get a passe-partout when it comes to telling other people what they can say and do in their own country.

The articles linked above are scary, so the MSM in Europe are not publicizing these embarrassing lapses in their utopian social-engineering project. I thought the pre-emptive capitulation on the part of the editor of Figaro, which when I lived in France still had integrity, was interesting:
Meanwhile in France, a philosophy teacher is under police protection after receiving death threats over an op-ed article [French text here] which he wrote in a national newspaper. In the article, which was published in the conservative daily Le Figaro of September 19th, Robert Redeker accused Islam of "exalting violence." Mr Redeker has not attended classes at his school near Toulouse since the article was published. Pierre Rousselin, the editor in chief of Le Figaro, apologized on Al-jazeera for the publication of the article. A number of Islamic countries, including Egypt, banned Le Figaro following the publication of Redeker’s piece. Mr Rousselin said the publication of the op-ed was a mistake. He said the article did not express the paper’s opinion. The article is no longer available on the Figaro website.

Mr. Redeker describes his plight in much detail in a letter to a distinguished French philosopher:
"I am now in a catastrophic personal situation. Several death threats have been sent to me, and I have been sentenced to death by organizations of the al-Qaeda movement. [...] On the websites condemning me to death there is a map showing how to get to my house to kill me, they have my photo, the places where I work, the telephone numbers, and the death fatwa. [...] There is no safe place for me, I have to beg, two evenings here, two evenings there. [...] I am under the constant protection of the police. I must cancel all scheduled conferences. And the authorities urge me to keep moving. [...] All costs are at my own expense, including those of rents a month or two ahead, the costs of moving twice, legal expenses, etc.

It's quite sad. I exercised my constitutional rights, and I am punished for it, even in the territory of the Republic. This affair is also an attack against national sovereignty – foreign rules, decided by criminally minded fanatics, punish me for having exercised a constitutional right, and I am subjected, even in France, to great injury"

Don't look for the ACLU or George Soros or the highbrow hypocrites of the US MSM to point out this professor's infraction of their unwritten code: "Don't mess with someone who actually believes and will violently carry out their barbaric codes under the guise of religion."

I wish the WSJ or other responsible US media can point out the barbarism in a supposedly "civilized" country of cowards and deniers. The ones who loved to turn in Jews under the Nazi occupation, then claimed they were responsible for freeing their own country.

You know, the EU country that flies under a white flag!

No comments :