Thursday, September 27, 2012

Recent NYT, WaPo Polls Biased Towards Obama?

Donald Douglas has an interesting take on recent polls. Below are my two bits on the subject:
It was [not widely] publicized that a strong rumor abound that immediately after Axelrod, Obama's thuggish capo in the Chicago Mafiosi crew doubling as Barack's campaign coordinators, found out that Gallup was showing sluggish numbers after the DNC indicating almost zero bounce, made a phone call reminding Gallup that a lawsuit was pending against them supported by Holder's thuggish DoJ, indicating that Gallup used a faulty "methodology" in arriving at its conclusions. Left unsaid, according to this rumor [in either the DCaller or the DBeast of two-plus weeks ago], was the corollary that, no post-DNC bounce---accelerated prosecution of the lawsuit. This is a "conspiracy" theory that I might consider hanging my hat on. Also, this fits in with the theory that the skewed pro-Dem numbers now appearing through disproportionate "sampling" of Dems, might be starter-fuel tinder for post-election lawsuits such as Kerry waged in Ohio after losing by 55k votes---this after "exit polls" showed strong pro-Kerry numbers in almost all precincts so counted
When I was getting my Masters in Poli Sci at UMichigan, I did my thesis on Political Anthropology and my thesis Prof [a recent arrival from the Princeton faculty] made me inspect half-a-dozen ideologies at the time to framework my paper. It was like a short course in the theology I had to study in the Jesuit seminary I attended for several years before deciding that chastity was too heavy a burden. I was at UMich on a Fellowship, so I also majored in Modern European History, a more interesting subject in the end---I did write and finish my thesis on the Revolutions of 1848 successfully.

No comments :