Friday, September 07, 2012

Old Colleague Tony Podesta Rich Dem Lobbyist

Tony Podesta was my boss in the Indiana Primary for Gene McCarthy in '68 when I first dipped my toe in the water for politics. Yes, he is John Podesta's older brother and, yes, I was a Democrat activist back in the days before sin. My prelapsarian idealism showed me the seedy underbelly of politics in IN, NE, CA, NY, MI, & IL that year. Tony's younger brother John worked for me in Brooklyn in Bay Ridge by the Verrazano Bridge---the most Norwegian part of the world outside Oslo. I ended up at the Chicago Convention, and only saw Tony off and on afterwards. I last ran into him on the sidewalk in Kalorama Circle around 1980 and he said to me, Professor Mangan, how are you doing?

Judging from the ABC News story attached to the link, old Tony, who has to be pushing 75, is doing quite well, and actually looks better now than when I saw him way way back when.

No comments :