Thursday, May 25, 2006

Break-In at Our Home Thwarted by Early Return!

The excitement is dying down after the six Boca police vehicles just pulled away.

I took my daughter out for a Peace of Pizze [trademark] after her English final exam this morning and returned to our house to find a strange 1990's era white Toyota Camry parked backwards in the middle of our driveway.

My wife had just left for the Doctor and when Niki and I got out of our car, I saw three black males [what a surprise!?!] going out the sliding door to our pool in the back of our living room.

My daughter called 911 and yelled to me not to go into the house. She read the Connecticut plate license number over the phone, just as our next door neighbor came out her front door on the line to 911. She had seen four or five black males jumping over her back fence.

I opened the door of the car to extract the ignition keys, which were not there. I noticed video control panels and CDs on the floor of the car. Just then a young black male about 22 years old came running down the street, yelling "Call the police, call the police," in a Haitian or as a remote possibility, very heavy Jamaican accent, though the extremely primitive cast of his facial features blared "HAITIAN."

I had been leaning against the open door of the car wondering whether I should break it off---the condition of this flivver was completely bad---and my lovable Niki yelled "Let him go, Daddy, don't interfere" or words to that effect!

The young man jumped in the car, left skid marks on the driveway as he went down the street at 60mph. Other neighbors and service-people told the police, who arrived less than five minutes later, that the badly-dressed blacks were running through their yards. The K-9 dog found our video camcorder outside the gates of the Colonnade on Jog Road.

We had interrupted the gang of five [or four, our neighbor is not certain and I myself only saw three] very early into their black mischief, to quote Evelyn Waugh. All that is missing is my daughter's iPod and some of my wife's jewelry and a very valuable commemorative silver coin.

The illegal aliens missed the opportunity to snatch my wedding ring, worth several hundred dollars, all our computers, an American Golden Eagle coin right next to the much less valuable silver coin was left in the drawer.

The police looked at the frightful mess, including a gigantic calling card of fecal material in our toilet tinged wino red, and our open wine cave door [with perhaps a couple of missing bottles?], and called this the work of a "bunch of animals."

The car was quickly traced to a residence in Pembroke Pines in south Broward County, and the same car had just left the scene of a house break-in in South Boca two hours before, the CSI female fingerprint duster told me. They used socks to cover their prints and a pair of socks was left next to my camcorder a quarter mile away.

My neighbor, my daughter and myself can ID the driver with the primitive features, hard to forget a caricature like that.

Strangely, I was just about to blog about Franklin Raines, the slightly less-black criminal who rifled Fannie Mae for more than fifty million dollars worth of bonuses, alaborately calibrated by auditors to supply this crook with loads of bucks.

Then I was going to blog about the Democratic Black Caucus, who are rallying around one of their gang chief, named Jefferson, and berating Nancy Pelosi for letting the FBI treat these tribal chiefs like ordinary citizens.

But I digress, and you catch my drift.Of course. The police may have a lead on a "spotter" who was repairing the roof on my neighbors' house overlooking our backyard where the criminals entered the residence. But the contractor who hired the black on the roof will predictably protect him.

The police sensibly asked me why the Colonnade doesn't put up gates like other comparably expensive communities in the general vicinity. This would stop low-life types like the animals who infested our personal premises from even entering the local neighborhood. But the city of Boca Raton owns a park in our environs and the Colonnade has to allow everyone access to the park. Try getting that changed without a lawsuit or three among the litigious busybodies in this neck of the woods.

My daughter has been excused from her French final tomorrow, which I was going to tutor her on this afternoon. And I should never have stayed at the restaurant for that second slice of pizza!

No comments :