Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ravens vs. 49ers in Super Bowl

The Falcons & the Patriots lost, the Patriots by upset from the Ravens.

This Super Bowl is the first between brothers, and the Harbaughs' parents live in my native state of Wisconsin.

So despite the teams being located on opposite coasts, the coaches are from the Midwest.

Harbaugh was a runner-up for the Heisman at the U. of Michigan, where I got my MA & would go to games in the Big House.

As an afterthought, Jim Harbaugh quarterbacked the Bears when I lived in Chicago during the '90s. His folks went to my parish and the word was that he'd hit the weight room with Dave Wannstedt, now the coach at Pitt.

I always thought he was a suck-up, but now I figure he must have been picking up coaching tips.

The 49er comeback from 17-0 was the largest in the history of NFC Championship games. Matt Ryan threw an interception and fumbled in the second half to keep the Falcons off balance. SF scored quickly after Ryan's bobble.

Tom Brady also threw two interceptions and Ridley fumbled so as to destroy the Patriots' chances after NE led 13-7 at the half.

It was the first time in over 60 games that the Pats led at the half and Brady lost the game.

No comments :