Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bill Clinton's Flip-Side Antics Damage Spouse's Campaign

The MSM wants Hillary as distaff-POTUS, but mainly wants Bill in the White House wings doing what he does best---alternatively charming and disedifying the American public.
It sells papers and gives Jay Leno another eight years of monologue material. Nuggets:
"Ladies and gentlemen," Clinton told 400 Iowans at the start of his three-city swing, "I have had a great couple of days out working for Hillary."

In the next 10 minutes, he used the word "I" a total of 94 times and mentioned "Hillary" just seven times in an address that was as much about his legacy as it was about his wife's candidacy.

He told the crowd where he bought coffee that morning and where he ate breakfast.

He detailed his Thanksgiving Day guest list, and menu.

He defended his record as president, rewriting history along the way.

And he explained why his endorsement of a certain senator from New York should matter to people.

"I know what it takes to be president," he said, "and because of the life I've led since I've left office."

I, me and my. Oh, my.

Thankfully, this will sober up Bubba and get him to practice a little of that promised self-discipline that his narcissism keeps postponing.

The ultimate self-absorbed "Boomer" demonstrates for all why his was the "worst generation."

Or at least, the "Least Greatest."

UPDATE Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that the Bubboid did tell another monster fib right there in front of sweet unsuspecting Iowans.
Late in his 50-minute address, Clinton told the crowd that wealthy people like he and his wife should pay more taxes in times of war. "Even though I approved of Afghanistan and opposed Iraq from the beginning, I still resent that I was not asked or given the opportunity to support those soldiers," he said.

In truth, Clinton did not oppose the Iraq war from the start — at least not publicly.

If the former president secretly opposed the war but did not want to speak against a sitting president (as some of his aides now claim), what moral authority does he have now? And did he share his objections with his wife? She started out as a hawkish Democrat but is now appealing to anti-war voters.

In truth, Bubba did say publicly he did support the original invasion.

But who cares about the truth when you have such a compleat character entertaining you with tall tales and half-truths and ........

No comments :