Saturday, August 11, 2012

Obama's House of Lies by David Maraniss

Maraniss once sent me an email after a comment I had blogged that his prize-winning book on Bill Clinton, First in His Class, had gotten David blackballed and the Maraniss was consigned to writing [very good] books on sports, such as his tomes on the Green Bay Packers' coach Vince Lombardi and the 1960 Olympics in Rome.

I haven't read Obama: His Story and must go by the half-dozen reviews I have read, but even though he points out numerous factual errors in Obama's two autobiographies, both ghosted by Bill Ayers [whom I met while attending an SDS conference in Ann Arbor], Maraniss seems to skirt all the BIG questions about this Invisible Man.

Read Charles Johnson's review of the book and get a flavor of what most of the blogs & reviews of Maraniss [a Milwaukee native as I am] and how he approaches his subject in the first halfway decent biography of The Man Who Came to Dinner [when will he leave???]

No comments :